Leading Change for Educational Equity 2 (LCEE2) is designed as a follow-up to the Leading Change for Educational Equity training that introduced school teams to the four AVID Schoolwide Domains. Partners can select up to four days of training focusing on the Domains (Instruction, Systems, Leadership, and Culture) for their LCEE2 professional learning experience. This offering explores Instruction.
Prerequisite: This learning experience is designed for people who have attended Leading Change for Educational Equity (LCEE) or Leadership for College and Career Readiness (LCR).
Leading Change for Educational Equity 2: Instruction reinforces the connection between the domains of leadership, systems, and culture to move schools forward in the Domain of Instruction. This workshop provides a framework for establishing a clear site-based definition of rigor, deepening participants’ understanding of intentional use of WICOR® strategies in increasing rigor in the classroom.
Teams will also examine systems of data needed to measure next-level readiness while building the leadership needed to deepen AVID’s schoolwide impact in the Instruction Domain to create the conditions for college readiness for all.
- Define the role instruction plays in rigorous academic preparedness.
- Discuss rigor and develop a common definition and understanding of rigorous college and career readiness curriculum and experiences.
- Use AVID resources to prioritize next steps in aligning and integrating AVID goals with school improvement and district strategic plans.
- Identify key components of a highly impactful instructional framework.
- Intentionally use WICOR strategies to increase rigor in the classroom.
Establishing the Why Around Creating and Using an Instructional Framework
Defining Rigor: Developing Academic Preparedness Through Best Practices and WICOR