Leading Change for Educational Equity 2 (LCEE2) is designed as a follow-up to the Leading Change for Educational Equity training that introduced school teams to the four AVID Schoolwide Domains. Partners can select up to four days of training focusing on the Domains (Instruction, Systems, Leadership, and Culture) for their LCEE2 professional learning experience. This offering explores Leadership.
Prerequisite: This learning experience is designed for people who have attended Leading Change for Educational Equity (LCEE) or Leadership for College and Career Readiness (LCR).
Leading Change for Educational Equity 2: Leadership focuses on the AVID College and Career Readiness Framework through the lens of leadership. The course looks intentionally at vision-, mission-, and purpose-driven leadership and its alignment to policy, practices, and behaviors.
The course looks directly at the role of a leader and identifies specific beliefs, behaviors, and skills effective leaders need to successfully implement the school improvement cycle at their site in order to better serve scholars and teachers. This session will examine how to successfully build leadership capacity to support the AVID College and Career Readiness System.
- Understand the role of leadership by insisting on rigor, breaking down barriers, and advocating for students in order to ensure college and career readiness for all students.
- Examine the power of a purposeful vision and its impact on school improvement.
- Identify the behaviors, beliefs, and skills effective leaders need to improve outcomes for all students.
- Understand the role of a leader in ensuring success for all students at their site.
- Apply a shared leadership model that builds leadership capacity to support AVID.
Vision-Driven Leadership to Improve Schools
Leadership to Improve Student Outcomes