Tutorology is designed for experienced AVID Elective teachers, AVID Coordinators, and other educators seeking to support AVID tutorials.
Participants will learn to empower students to exercise their agency through the 10 Steps of the AVID Tutorial Process and to help students develop college, career, and life readiness skills. Participants will also practice strategies for coaching tutorial members before, during, and after tutorials.
Participants will engage in both synchronous and semi-synchronous learning. All strategies, digital activities, and digital tools experienced can be leveraged in face-to-face or virtual learning environments.
Prerequisite: AVID Summer Institute Implementation strand (either High School or Middle School) or a beginning strand appropriate for your Site Team role, AVID DigitalXP AVID Elective – New, or AVID ElevateXP AVID Elective – New.
- Connect the 10 Steps of the AVID Tutorial Process to the development of college, career, and life readiness skills.
- Apply the AVID Tutorial Process (collaborative inquiry) to help students develop academic and social-emotional learning skills, leading to success in rigorous coursework and other collaborative environments.
- Develop strategies to coach all tutorial members before, during, and after tutorials.
- Understand how AVID tutorials align with WICOR® instructional strategies and other AVID core strategies.
- Empower students to exercise their agency through the AVID Tutorial Process and its associated skills.
Coaching the AVID Tutorial Process
Preparing for the Tutorial
Engaging in the Tutorial
Summarizing, Reflecting, and Applying Learning After the Tutorial